A single premium policy is a type of life insurance policy wherein a lump sum is paid as premium instead of the yearly, quarterly or monthly form of premium payment. In other words, single premium insurance allows you to pay a premium amount for an insurance cover at one-go. However, a single premium life insurance policy could be convenient for many, it may not for several others.
Before we understand that in what scenarios does buying a single premium insurance plan benefit an investor, let us first know the benefits of single premium policies:
When you pay a premium amount for an insurance cover at one-go, the insurance companies reward you in the form of discounts on the total premium payable. A single premium policy, thus, reduces your total premium outgo compared to regular premium payments.
No need to remember premium dates
With a single premium policy you avoid any risk of non-payment by paying the entire premium price of the insurance plan in one go. Now, you don’t have to worry about paying penalties or setting reminders for insurance. Unlike in the yearly, quarterly or monthly form of premium payment, you don't have to worry about the budget, balance in the bank account or earnings every time the premium is due.
Tax benefits on maturity
When you buy a single premium policy, you get entitled to avail two tax benefits per the applicable provisions of the Income Tax* Act, 1961. Under section 80C, you get to claim the premiums paid by you towards the single premium policy. Also, the maturity and death benefit you receive from single premium life plans will also be exempt from tax* deductions under section 10(10D) of the Act.
Who should buy single premium life insurance?
People with an unsteady or irregular income, self-employed individuals and freelancers opt for single premium life plans. Also, the professionals who are unsure about when their next paycheck or profit will come and have a large amount of money to spare can also opt for a single premium insurance policy. Those who also make a sudden profit in their business or from a pre-existing investment can also buy a single premium policy.
Let our experts help you to get a good single premium insurance policy! Call us at 9818510748.
You might like these too:
- What Role Does An Insurance Policy Play In Your Life?
- Ensure complete security for your spouse
- Fund your hopes and dreams with a Guaranteed Income Plan
- What is a savings insurance plan?
- Tax Benefits of Insurance Policies
- What Does an Insurance Advisor Do?
- How Life Insurance Shields Your Wealth?
- Tata AIA: Fastest growing life insurance company in India
- 6 Important Facts about Life Insurance
- A majority of Indians do not have life insurance
- Difference Between Linked and Non-Linked Insurance Plans
- Secure Your Child's Future Through Life Insurance
- What is an effective financial goal?
- Life Insurance: Most Frequently Asked Questions
- Does Term Insurance Covers COVID-19 Coronavirus?
- Plan today to secure tomorrow
- Tata AIA Life Consumer Confidence Survey
- 5 Tips for How to Sell Life Insurance
- Best Life Insurance Plans in India
- Traits of Highly Successful Insurance Agents
- Why Become an Insurance Agent?
- How To Become An Insurance Agent In India
- What is a Term Insurance Plan?
- Why Choose Sales as a Career?
- Is Selling Life Insurance the BEST Career Option?
- Witty and Meaningful Life Insurance Quotes and Sayings
- How to Use Life Insurance for Retirement Income
- Why Do I Need Life Insurance?
- Start your own insurance agency