What does an Insurance Advisor do? Ask anyone and you'll get this reply, "An insurance advisor or agent is a person employed to sell insurance policies to clients". However, this is just a very broad overview of the job, and it doesn’t highlight specific tasks or detail what an insurance advisor does on a day-to-day basis. So, if you’re interested in becoming an insurance advisor and wish to understand what this job entails, then this article will give you an idea of what working as an insurance advisor is like.
There are various types of insurance such as life, health, property, and vehicles. Depending upon the type of insurance company an advisor is attached with, the advisors will brief, sell and negotiate the cover and policies. The goal of an insurance advisor is to sell the insurance policy that is appropriate for a particular customer, based on his/her needs. They are responsible for identifying sales prospects for insurance plans and overseeing a portfolio of clients.
The role of an Insurance Advisor does not end with completion of a sale. They are also responsible for identifying risk management strategies, handling policy renewals, and tracking claims. Thus, they also provide consultative services and work with clients for years. An insurance advisor may work for an insurance company or work as an independent agent. The insurance agent possesses multifaceted roles to play as mentioned below:
You might like these too:
- Retirement planning guide based on age
- Why is entrepreneurship better than a 9 to 5 job?
- What Role Does An Insurance Policy Play In Your Life?
- Ensure complete security for your spouse
- Fund your hopes and dreams with a Guaranteed Income Plan
- What is a savings insurance plan?
- Tax Benefits of Insurance Policies
- When Should You Buy A Single Premium Insurance Plan?
- How Life Insurance Shields Your Wealth?
- Tata AIA: Fastest growing life insurance company in India
- 6 Important Facts about Life Insurance
- A majority of Indians do not have life insurance
- Difference Between Linked and Non-Linked Insurance Plans
- Secure Your Child's Future Through Life Insurance
- What is an effective financial goal?
- Life Insurance: Most Frequently Asked Questions
- Does Term Insurance Covers COVID-19 Coronavirus?
- Plan today to secure tomorrow
- Tata AIA Life Consumer Confidence Survey
- 5 Tips for How to Sell Life Insurance
- Best Life Insurance Plans in India
- Traits of Highly Successful Insurance Agents
- Why Become an Insurance Agent?
- How To Become An Insurance Agent In India
- What is a Term Insurance Plan?
- Why Choose Sales as a Career?
- Is Selling Life Insurance the BEST Career Option?
- Witty and Meaningful Life Insurance Quotes and Sayings
- How to Use Life Insurance for Retirement Income
- Why Do I Need Life Insurance?
- Start your own insurance agency